Sunday, May 19, 2013

LIYAQAT SHAH BACK TO HOME

Kupwara, May 19, (Only Kashmir): People in Dardpora village of North Kashmir district of Kupwara have been thronging the house of Syed Liyaqat Shah who met his family here 20 years after he moved to Pakistan administered Kashmir during the hay days of militancy. Flocking around him, they are keenly listening to his experience of being away from his native place.
It was an emotional moment for Syed Liyaqat Shah when he alighted from the Bolorio of MLA Lolab in his native village and finally reunited with his family after 20 years. Shah was only 34 years-old when he crossed over LoC during militancy in 1993.
His mother welcomed and hugged him with tearful eyes while his relatives surrounded him for hours. Shah could not believe that he was with his family and native village. “Every moment I thought about my native village. Once I crossed LoC, I shunned militancy and opened up a mobile repairing shop at Muzafarabad. After my arrest, I had lost hope but now I feel as I am alive,” Shah told a reputed local News agency.
“I have not slept from few days. I was so eager to land on my motherland and I am lucky that people of Kashmir especially Kashmiri media supported me and highlighted the truth,” he said adding that he was overwhelmed to see the affection of people towards him.

0 comments:

  © Thanks for visiting Only Kashmir

Back to TOP