Friday, February 10, 2012

JK EDUCATION MINISTER PEERZADA RESIGNS

Srinagar, Feb 10 (Only Kashmir): After days of speculations, Education Minister Peerzada Mohammed Sayeed, Friday tendered his resignation. However, he didn’t send his resignation to Chief Minister, Omar Abdullah and instead sent it to AICC president, Sonia Gandhi.
“I gave my resignation to party high command and it is there decision now whether they will forward it or not. I don’t want to create problems for Congress and Sonia Ji. CM isn’t my boss, but Sonia ji is,” he said.
Asked what forced him to resign, the Minister said, “Chief Minister said yesterday that minister isn’t involved but his fate will be decided in 24 hours. I can’t stay in this cabinet. It was wrong on his part to make such a statement. I wasn’t his (CM’s) nominee, but nominee of my party. I am not a kid and it was attack on my integrity.”
Peerzada revealed that he will call a press conference in a day or two and reveal all the facts before the media. “I know where from the instructions to newspapers and channels came to carry the news and press releases against me. I will reveal it in a press conference,”
The senior Congress leader said that he recently met Sonia. “I told her (Sonia) that there were so many things on Kashmir and said I will reveal it after elections,” he added.
Meanwhile, Chief Minister Omar Abdullah has divested Peerzada Muhammad Syed of the portfolio of School Education. The said portfolio will remain with the Chief Minister till further orders.(OK)

0 comments:

  © Thanks for visiting Only Kashmir

Back to TOP